Company Formation in the UAE

From our Dubai office, Loggerhead Corporate Services will help you identify the type of company most appropriate for your needs, and facilitate the full formation and company maintenance procedure. Please contact us for more information or to arrange an initial private consultation.

UAE Onshore


An Onshore company is a fully-fledged company registered with the Department of Economic Development (DED). It is the legal entity required to operate within any of the seven Emirates. For clients who wish to conduct business with UAE mainland, both a DED-license and a local partner will be required. When incorporating an Onshore company, it is mandatory that 51% of company shares are held by a UAE national who is often referred to as the local partner or sponsor. For a predefined annual fee, the local sponsor will pass all management, operational and financial control back to the 49% shareholder.

UAE Offshore


Offshore companies are the ideal choice for businesses who do not require any physical office space.The UAE follows the traditional International Business Company (IBC) structure through its offshore registries: Ras Al Khaimah International Corporate Centre (RAKICC) and Jebel Ali Freezone (JAFZA). The UAE is leading the innovation of Offshore jurisdictions and is now considered superior to traditional jurisdictions such as the BVI or Cayman Islands as it is located within a sizable nation with real trade.

UAE Freezone


Free trade zones are designated areas with special tax, customs and import regimes. The UAE has 45+ Freezones across all seven Emirates. Freezone companies offer significant advantages to the other UAE jurisdictions as they allow 100% foreign ownership and the ability to issue residency visas. Freezone companies are playing an increasingly important role in international tax and residency planning and they can be presented in international trade and transactions as a solid legal and operating entity and demonstrate sufficient substance for domestic and foreign banks and tax authorities.